Polka Dot Cookies



Another easy-to-make recipe from Rachel Allen. My boys really love to help make these cookies and they're so delicious I even find them really hard to resist. 

This recipe makes a large batch of cookies so if prefered you could save some of the dough in the fridge for up to one week. The best way to do this is to place the leftover dough onto a sheet of cling film and roll into a log. The dough can then be easily sliced and popped onto a baking tray.

Polka Dot Cookies
Ingredients
225g (8oz) Butter
375g (15oz) Soft Brown Sugar (or light muscovado sugar)
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Eggs, beaten
350g (14oz) Plain flour
1 Level tsp Baking Powder
1 Level tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
150g (5oz) Smarties

Method
1. Preheat oven to 180° C/350°F/gas mark 4
2. Cream butter and sugar together.
3. Add in the vanilla and gradually add the eggs.
4. Put the flour in another bowl. Sift in the bicarb and baking powders and mix well.
5. Add the dry ingredients into the wet. Add the smarties last.
6. Roll into little balls (walnut size if you want small ones or golf ball size if you want larger ones.
7. Bake for 12 – 16 mins. If you want chewy cookies, bake until the edges are turning brown but the middle is still pale. If you want crunchy all the way through then bake until golden all over.
8. Cool on a wire rack.

3 Comments:

Unknown said...

ooooo thanks for that; I've been trying to make cookies lately, but somehow they always come out either floppy or rock solid. Will definitely give these a try - and I like the idea of having a log of dough ready to cut in the fridge for a quick after school treat...
I'm trying to cut out 'factory' sugar as much as possible for myself. If you see any good baking recipes that use either fruit sugar, honey, or maple syrup as sweetener, be sure and let me know!
Petra x

Nessa Robins said...

Thanks Petra. I am finding myself constantly hungry in the past week or so and with Millie getting bigger by the day I am trying to fill up on healthy options. However I love a few biscuits and I always feel less guilty when they are homemade. I will keep an eye out for any appropriate recipes with natural sweeteners.
Chat soon, Nessa.

Unknown said...

They turned out nice! I'll have some happy kids here this afternoon...