Templelicious Cookbook Launch

My children are now back to school after the long Easter break, and I'm sure they're settling into work as normal. A little different to the weeks preceding the holidays, when their school was buzzing with the publication and launch of An Grianán's own cookbook, Templelicious. I thoroughly enjoyed working on this project, so I was ever so proud when the day to launch the book actually arrived. To bring more excitement to this momentous day, Neven Maguire joined us to officially launch the book. The school was packed to capacity with the children, their parents, extended family, community members and many guests, including Westmeath GAA star Kieran Martin. Local newspaper photographers were taking snaps at every opportunity, while Midlands Radio 3 reporter Ríona Cleary took the time to have a few words with me, the children, staff and, of course, Neven. This was broadcast the following Monday, and I've attached the piece below, for anyone who'd like to have a listen. 
Once all the formalities and speeches were taken care of it then came the time to sample some of the delicious dishes from Templelicious. Many of the children, and their parents, helped to bring the cookbook to life by bringing their dishes along to the launch for the guests to sample. I'm glad to say, the day went by without a single hitch. It was such a special occasion. I know it will be fondly remembered by all involved for many years to come. 
My fourteen year old son, Jack. The designer and typesetter of Templelicious. {On a side note -Any parent of teens can probably relate to me - How tall are teenagers these day? I'm wearing four inch heals in this pic!}


Being the gentleman, that Neven Maguire is, he took the time to chat with the children involved in the project. My son, Tiarnán, and nephew, Eoin, were thrilled to meet Neven.

Neven with members of our hard working committee.


Principal of An Grianán, Master McGowan.




We're overjoyed with the feedback we're receiving about the book. Many of the local press took the opportunity to feature Templelicious, and we even have a featured article in this week's Farmers Journal - Irish Country Living. 


Templelicious is priced at €15 and is available to buy in many local shops. It can also be purchased directly from the school on 090-6481085.

0 Comments: